The Broward County Bar Association offers members many educational and business development benefits. Renew your membership today, or sign up as a new member, for the following:
* BCBA Lawyer Referral Service: Every year, 3000 cases are referred to participating attorneys through BCBA’s Lawyer Referral Service. BCBA has a strong presence in internet search engines. Many clients come to us seeking help online. Our Referral Service is a very inexpensive opportunity to expand your client base and market your practice.
* Discounted CLE Seminars: Attend BCBA sponsored Continuing Legal Education seminars, presented live or by downloading audio. Seminar topics are coordinated by chairs of our nineteen various Practice Sections, from ADR to Workers’ Compensation. A further benefit: many judges participate as panel members in BCBA seminars.
* FREE CLE During Your Reporting Period: BCBA members can borrow SURVEY OF FLORIDA LAW, a Florida Bar produced set of CDs that provides 11 hours of continuing education. You can amass more than thirty free hours in your reporting period, since The Florida Bar updates the CDs every year.
* Member Discounts at local vendors: The BCBA membership card has its privileges. To see our ever-expanding list of vendors, click here.
* Small-Solo Practice Networking Opportunities: Six times a year, dinners for Small Solo attorneys are scheduled at Dave & Busters. No persons other than attorneys (sole practitioners or attorneys in firms of four attorneys or fewer) are invited to speak. With more than one hundred attorneys in this network, your name will be published in a directory designed to be used as a desk reference for attorneys looking for colleagues with specific legal expertise. In addition, Small Solo Lunches are scheduled six times a year, in various areas of the county, to complement the program.
* Annual Special Events and Activities: Judicial Robing Ceremony, Judicial Receptions, Bowling and Golf Outings, and a Holiday Party at the Bar Center are regular “Special Events” that may be supplemented by more festivities in the coming year. There is an event nearly every month to meet members of the local legal community.
* Special Discounts for BCBA Members on Clerk Access Points. Save money this year by joining with the BCBA today. For more information call 954-794-8040.
* Leadership development. Depending upon available openings, join our Bench Bar Committee, Professionalism Committee or Legislative Affairs Committee that address issues affecting the practice of law. The BCBA has other very active committees, and nineteen Sections to develop CLE and proficiency in specialized practice areas.
* Receive our monthly newsletter The Barrister containing timely articles, Case Law Updates and Legal Marketing advice.
* View a monthly events calendar covering the entire Legal Community.
* Enhanced Personalized Websites linked to the BCBA webpage.
Renew your membership online.